- Last Updated: Wednesday, 24 August 2016 14:11
- Published: Thursday, 13 January 2011 12:39
- Written by Michael Stringer
Hazel Grove Pool sessions will be run every Sunday from the 2nd October, 2016 until the 26th March, 2017 (excluding the 25th December and 1st January). There will be two 45 minute open sessions at 7:15pm and 8:00pm, plus Introduction to Kayaking and Rolling courses.
Introduction to Kayaking
This 5 week course is for anyone who is new or relatively new to kayaking or for those wanting a refresher on the basic skills of paddling and safety – learn how to paddle efficiently and effectively. Open to club members and non-members. Sessions run on consecutive Sunday evenings from 7:15pm - please ensure that you are ready to get on the water by this time.
- 2nd 16nd, 23nd & 30th October 2016.
- 20nd, 27nd November and 4th, 11th, and 18th December 2016.
- 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th January and 5th February 2017.
- 19nd, 26th February and 5th, 12 and 19th March 2017.
- Adults: £55
- Juniors: £45
Rolling - Members Only
The MCC rolling course is run by fully trained coaches who will teach you to roll your boat during the 4 week course. The 45 min course will prepare you to roll and enable you to tackle bigger rivers and higher grades in your paddling. It is advisable that you are water confident and have a reasonable paddling skills to get the most out of your course and achieve greater success. Sessions run on consecutive Sunday evenings from 8:00pm - please ensure that you are ready to get on the water by this time.
- 2nd, 16th, 23rd and 30th October 2016
- 13th, 27th November and 11th, 18th December 2016 (non-consecutive weeks)
- 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th January 2017
- 19th, 26th February and 5th, 12th March 2017.
- Adults: £50
- Juniors: £40
Every week from 2nd October to 2th March.
- 7:15pm or 8:00pm
- £3.50 per session
- Boat hire £1.00 extra
- Non-member £2.00 extra
Instructors & Assistants
Volunteers are always welcome to help out with coaching sessions, opening up or anything else.
If you have any questions regarding the courses, please email Gill Davies.