Bonfire Night & Working Day
- Written by Michael Stringer
MCC's annual bonfire night work day and bonfire is just round the corner. This will be the last planned work day of 2014 so it's important that we get everything sorted before winter. It's also a great opportunity to socialise and plan your next river trip!
There's plenty of things that need doing both small and large:
- Finish the steps down to the bottom pool.
- Repairs to boats (slalom & plastic).
- Put up some more slalom lines.
- Clear out the storage container.
- General tidying up of the club house/site for winter.
- Build the bonfire!
The current plan is:
- 9:00 - 4:30: Work day.
- 5:30: Light the bonfire.
- 7:00: Start the fireworks!
We're also looking for a responsible adult to setup and light the fireworks.
There will be food served in the evening including: curry, chill, baked potatoes, hot dogs and pizza. As well as cakes and other goodies for desert. Hot drinks and soft drinks will be available but if you fancy something a bit stronger feel free to bring your favourite tipple. Price for food is £5 for adults and £3 for under 14s.
If you can help let us know on the forum ASAP so we can gauge numbers for food.