Winter Wednesdays are Back!

Anything to do with the club or canoeing
Jimski
Committee Member

Winter Wednesdays are Back!

Postby Jimski » 12:19 pm, 21st October, 2016

Now that the nights are drawing in I'm putting together another series of social evenings at the club house called 'Winter Wednesdays'. The idea is to have an informal midweek get together, watch a canoe / kayak movie, slideshow or simply tell a few stories around the woodburning stove.

It all starts on the evening of Wednesday 2nd November at 8pm with 'Operation Menorca' - with Mathew Wilkinson of P&H Sea Kayaks - When most people hear of the Balearic Island of Menorca, they picture 80s style, high-rise hotel blocks, white sandy beaches and thousands of tourists. What Sonja Jones, Erin Bastian, Cressida McCarthy, Anna Coulson and I found was something much, much more than this… we found an adventurer’s paradise along beautiful shorelines with crystal clear, turquoise waters of the Mediterranean sea.

On Wednesday 9th November at 8pm we will be 'In The Vikings Wake'; a compilation of stories from my recent sea kayaking adventures in Sweden, Norway, Iceland and Shetland.

On Wednesday 16th November at 8pm it's time for some 'Pilates for Paddlers'. An informal introductory session by club member Andy Sloan aimed at improving core strength and flexibility.

Jimski
Committee Member

Re: Winter Wednesdays are Back! - some changes...

Postby Jimski » 6:58 pm, 27th October, 2016

Some changes to the November programme...

It all starts on the evening of Wednesday 2nd November at 8pm with 'Operation Menorca' - with Mathew Wilkinson of P&H Sea Kayaks - When most people hear of the Balearic Island of Menorca, they picture 80s style, high-rise hotel blocks, white sandy beaches and thousands of tourists. What Sonja Jones, Erin Bastian, Cressida McCarthy, Anna Coulson and I found was something much, much more than this… we found an adventurer’s paradise along beautiful shorelines with crystal clear, turquoise waters of the Mediterranean sea.

On Wednesday 9th November at 8pm we will be 'In The Vikings Wake'; a compilation of stories from my recent sea kayaking adventures in Sweden, Norway, Iceland and Shetland.

On Wednesday 16th November at 8pm I'll be bringing all the kit that I use for making kayaking films and showing the techniques that I have been using to make movies on whitewater and sea.

On Wednesday 23rd November at 8pm Club member Andrew Basford will be guiding us through the icy landscapes that he encountered during his expedition to East Greenland last Summer.

On Wednesday 30th November it's time for some 'Pilates for Paddlers'. An informal introductory session by club member Andy Sloan aimed at improving core strength and flexibility.