Scottish White Water Kayaking Long Weekend 2016

Anything to do with the club or canoeing
LozJay
Committee Member

Postby LozJay » 8:54 am, 17th September, 2016

To All MCC members,

I have started planning our annual Scottish White Water Kayaking Long Weekend in the Fort William area of Scotland.

We will be departing early on Saturday 19th November 2016 to return late evening Tuesday 22nd November 2016. (4 days paddling).

This is not a trip for beginners. The minimum requirement for the weekend will be to be 18 years of age or over, competent as a member of a party on grade ii & iii river trips and have a roll.

Accommodation is available at Inchree Centre www.inchreecentre.co.uk in self catering chalets for the first 17 persons to book then in room only accommodation with communal kitchen. The cost per person for 3 nights accommodation including on the Monday evening a two course meal at the Four Seasons Pub will be £85.00. Plus food, transport and beer money.

So, to book your place, please post me a cheque in the sum of £85.00 made payable to L. Jay to Beeston Park Lodge, Ridge End Fold, Marple, Stockport SK6 7EX. Or cash when you see me next. PLEASE DO THIS NOW! Payment has to be made to confirm the booking by Sunday 9th October 2016.

I am now preparing a contact list so we can all keep in touch with each other. To this end, if I don’t already have them, will you please provide me with your private e-mail address, mobile phone number that you will be using in Scotland and a telephone number of the person to contact in case of any unforeseen event!

All details please to; laurence.jay@btconnect.com or mob 07818 404457.

We are looking to arrange two pre-Scotland training days. The dates will be Sunday 9th October 2016 and Sunday 6thNovember 2016, the venues will depend on that illusive rain and water levels so please keep an eye on the Forum or Club Bulletin Board.

Any questions please ask. This message will be put onto the Club Bulletin Board.

Due to its popularity this trip is only open to MCC members only.

Time to get those dry-suits out

Happy paddling

Loz